Verse of the Day

Tuesday, August 26, 2008


Giving All

Giving it all...hmmm, the thought of really giving it all. Whether in word or deed, or even in our daily chores, in our workloads, do we really give it all? I know that I find myself sometimes stumbling along through this life wondering how I got from point A to point B. I can remember one time (and this is a bit scary to admit), but I arrived at my job several years ago and opened the car door. I stood there beside my car and wondered for a minute, "how did I get here?" I literally had driven the car to work and was so deep in thought that I hadn't even paused to think about the route I took to arrive at that place. This is one of those exercises you most definitely would tell someone - "don't try this at home, or behind the wheel, or ...admit to anyone else - you may find yourself in someone's chair in a doctor's office".
What I took away from that moment though was that I realized how often I go through life and through the motions wondering "how did I get here?" or "what am I doing here?" in this part of my life. I look now at things the Lord has done in my life and I wonder what part of that wandering about did I miss Him or overlook Him? Did I miss the worship? Did I forget that it was truly all about Him? Today, those moments are dear and precious to me when I stop, look, and listen for Him. I can take those moments with me everyday - that's worship! When I make everyday all about Him and I give everyday to Him by giving Him my all. When I give Him my all, I realize what worship is truly all about - it's all about Him.
Where are you today? Are you just wandering aimless through life and wondering how you got here? Are you caught in life's "stuff" and have forgotten about how to keep it all together? Even children are taught in school that if they are going to cross the street which could be dangerous for them, they are to STOP, LOOK, and LISTEN. My challenge to you today, my friend is that you take the same walk as that child in faith. Today, Stop, Look and Listen for the Lord. He will surely meet you and you will find rest for your soul. Then and only then will you find how to truly worship. Worship the Lord God Almighty and give Him your all.

No comments:

Designed for You


Vote for this Site