Verse of the Day

Wednesday, September 3, 2008


Something More


Have you ever wondered why it seems we never have enough? We never seem to have enough time, enough work (well for some people), enough love, enough friends, enough stuff - we always think we need something more. Why do you think that is? Why is our human nature so caught up in the needing of something more? We are such a "want" society or a "give me more" society that we have lost sight of what that something more truly is that has been missing.

I do not think it wrong that we better ourselves, or educate our ourselves and even have wealth. I do not think it wrong at all. I do, however, find it wrong when we take for granted the things we do have within our own grasp. I grew up most of life not having lots of "things" or lots of money. My mother was a single mom raising 4 of us and one thing I believe I took away from that is that she was truly a woman of faith during those years. I have watched in amazement over the years how she trusted God to provide for every little need. No, she didn't have a lot, but she had enough. She knew that God would take care of the little things. She then trusted Him as she called out to Him to handle the big things. I have taken this same perspective in my life as an adult. I know that there will be days and times when I have to do the same by trusting God to provide. What I've come to realize though, is that when I trust Him DAILY in the little things, coming to Him with the big things seems so natural.

In our lives though, we always seems to want more. I want to know that the things within my reach are things that God has entrusted to me and that I will be satisfied with the things He has entrusted to me at this time. I want to know that it has been important enough to me to trust Him in all that I say and do; that my life itself will be the "something more" that pleases God. When God looks at me, I want Him to see his daughter reflecting Him. It says in Psalm 17:15 "And I—in righteousness I will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness". Today, when others look at me or what I have in my life, I pray that they will not want something more from the things this world has to offer, but that they will want to be satisfied with God. I know that in this life I will want to continue to grow and mature and learn things and even succeed in things, but the theme of my life is that it will be a reflection of God in all I do and say. Today, if there is anything I want it would be that. I think that if you really want something, you'll do everything you can to get it, so today I hope if you are looking for something more to fill your "not enoughs" that you will join me and want "something more".


2 comments:

marine's words said...

Amen!! very well said ")
you are beauitful thank you for your kind words I am very touch by them and I am bless today . thank you .love") marina

Chel said...

OH MY WORD!!! Hillsong has a song about you!!!! Wow!

I only want more of HIM! I hear ya sista!

Love, Chel

ps, I am here with ya, tee hee, I know what time it is!! :-) I think an ear-plug moment may be headed your way. You asked I may deliver!

Designed for You


Vote for this Site